Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Changing of the Guards ...


Man I'm a wreck.
Tomorrow will be Silas' last day at daycare. Due to financial issues and the fact that he needs to move on, Mr. Mosey is closing up shop at Janie's and will be home-preschooled until I can find a great (and affordable) pre-school.
Silas has been with Janie since he was 4 months old. She is his second-Mama. I've been worried about it for some weeks. But, today, it really hit home and broke my heart. I had a LONGGGG day at work ... went in very early and was the last person out of the salon. Change is so, so hard. My main worry is for him. I don't want him to miss being with Janie and the other kids. But, as he is now the oldest, it's probably best for him to move on. He's advanced in his letters, numbers, and sight reading. He needs to be in a place where he has more challenges and opportunities. I'm so proud of what a great kid this guy is and how amazing he is with other kids and adults.
But, man oh man, it's so hard to let go of the place that has been his "home away from home" since he was a babe.
Sheesh ... this parenting thing is hard.
Wish us luck.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: