Friday, December 25, 2009

Wow ... Christmas...

It has been a stellar Christmas. Silas and Xan got WAYYYYYYYY more than any 13 children should have gotten. I, honestly, don't have a clue where we're gonna fit all these toys in our small(ish) apartment. But, we're gonna have to get damned crafty in doing so. We had a wonderful dinner here last night. Then, today, went over to Robin and Noel's for MORE food. And food. And drink. And toys. And ...
Rob and I took a break to go help a friend of hers. He is dying of cancer and she is his touchstone. They met many moons ago and she is like his daughter. He has no other family up here. He does not want to leave his apartment to go to the hospital. So, he has been confined to his apartment. He hasn't been able to walk or leave his bed in days. To say that it is a feat to take care of this dear man is almost unbearable. And ... she has been doing it. Hospice comes here and there. But, he isn't keen on the whole idea. She has been doing all the doctor visits, calls, and help.
I realized today, after helping out with him, that I am such a blessed, blessed gal. To have so many wonderful friends and family in my world that would be there if I were in his situation is overwhelming. I cannot imagine having only one individual in my world that I trusted and had there for me when the shit hits the fan.
So, thank you friends. Thank you, family. Thank you.
I cannot tell you all how much I love and appreciate you.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: