Sunday, January 3, 2010

K-Dawg's Memorial Day with The Hoodies...




What a beautiful day I had. It's been a long time coming. And, fortunately, I was able to share it with some of my soul mates.
The Hoodies ... those of us that are in town ... made our way out to Kristin's resting place. It's a small, peaceful cemetery out in the country amongst pastures and evergreens and stillness. It's gorgeous.
We brought our chairs, blankets, Thermo-rests ... ohhhh, and lots of Patron. This might very well have been one of the most beautiful days of my life. It was the first time visiting her, as it's been so hard for me to muster the gumption to go on my own. I think it's the finality of the whole ordeal.
But, we had such an amazing visit with her. There is no question that she was there.
We played Tom Petty and ACDC on the "Boom Box", Drank TOO much Patron, laughed hysterically, and cried deeply.
But, you know what? It was perfect. There could have never been a more perfect visit with friends to honor our "Dawg".
We all left broken-hearted ... BUT STRONGER THAN EVER.
We've all been through so much since her passing: In our "YSC" world and in our lives personally. It's amazing how every next step continues to cement this sisterhood and strength of this group of friends. It's one for The Ages.
I might be stuck in this "Cancer Life-Boat" out in the middle of nowhere. But, I am DAMNED happy to have my girls sitting there with me as the waves pass by ... no end in sight ... sitting there with me: a bottle of Patron, a Boom Box, Funions, some smokes, Our Aunt Pam, Nachos, wine ... AND THE OYSTER SHUCKER!
Goodnight sweet Princess.
xoxo
Cooch

No comments: