Monday, February 22, 2010

The countdown begins...

Ah ... Three more days (or 2.5) until Silas and I fly the friendly skies and find ourselves back in our "homeland." We are both getting uber excited about the fact that we'll be back in SC and seeing my crazy family. I hate that Miss Sarah won't be able to make the trip. But, she's still dealing with family stuffs after her father's passing. Please continue to keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers. I know they really need it right now.
We are, basically, settled in now at our new home in Mountlake Terrace. It's been a long road. But, we are comfortable and happy and focusing on the future. Dear Don will be watching our menagerie until our return.
Today, I printed out all my maps for my road trip. I cannot WAIT to stop at the shanties on the side of those southern highways and pick up boiled peanuts, sweet grass baskets, and the like.
The conference is gonna be immense. The Hotel looks fabulous. The Seattle gals have some lovely "Soul Food" dinners set up while we are in Atlanta. So, I'll be sure to share the fare that we experience.
I'll also share what we learn from all the newest studies in breast cancer and the young survivor. I look forward to seeing all the latest advances in research and science.
If I don't post before I leave, I'll try to post while I'm in the Beautiful South.
Until then ...
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

Annie Searle said...

Safe and happy trip, Anna! Post here when you can....xoxo