Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Godspeed Elizabeth Edwards ...


My stomach is in knots and I didn't even KNOW this woman. I know the past few years have been quite "dramatic" in regards to her family and all that it's gone through. But, I have to say that she carried herself with such grace and strength during this whole process. Her disease did not seem to control her. She appeared to be leading herself down a path that many that I've known have walked.
I hate that she knew that she was leaving her children. I cannot begin to imagine the sadness that she and other women that are dying, due to ANY disease, feel. It overwhelms me at times to think of that ...
I pray that she and her family are at peace.
xoxo
Anna

4 comments:

Fowl Ideas said...

Why are so many women who could choose just about anyone so attracted to jackass men?

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

I don't believe that he was as big of a "jackass" when she married him. Had a client that went to law school with them both and it seems they were both good, good people ... especially, Elizabeth. With time comes change.

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

... and in "change", I refer to John Edwards ... certainly, not Elizabeth Edwards.

Fowl Ideas said...

I was not referring only to the two people in question. Since reaching puberty several decades ago it's become impossible to ignore a strong female attraction to men who are cruel, violent, and arrogant about it. I've always been amazed and more than a little disturbed by the fact that women are strongly attracted to men I could identify as violent sociopaths the first time I made eye contact with them. An acquaintance of mine in college actually defended her boyfriend by describing him as "kind of an asshole sometimes, but he's really nice."

Since then, I've always questioned the intelligence of abused women who claim not to have seen it coming.