Saturday, December 24, 2011

Blessed Christmas gifts ...

Silas and I have damned fabulous day!  PJs all day.  Then, we cleaned ourselves up, dressed up, and headed to Anthony's in Edmonds.  We had a table right by the window and watched the sunset.  Silas, as per usual, ordered his clams.  The kid cannot get enough!
We came home and opened gifts and cookies and milk ready for Santa.
Today was good.  We needed that calm and mellow, as we had a bit of an "event" on Thursday night.
We met up with Don at Costco to get house stuffs.  I loaded the "stuffs" into my car and Silas and I headed home.  Don was supposed to follow us.
After a bit, I began to wonder if Don had missed a transfer from his chair to his car, as he wasn't home after we had made it there and unloaded all the groceries.  NO sooner than I thought that, my phone rang.
When I showed up to the scene, an entire city block was cordoned off.  Police, fire trucks, ambulances.
After running towards the ambulance, I saw his car.  A total loss.  The fire was out, but the smoke was filling up the sky.  The car was in completely molten.
The only reason he made it out is that an amazing couple with their baby and one of their mother's (of the couple) was passing by.  They dragged him out to safety and stayed until we left ... Don in an ambulance and Silas and myself following it to the hospital.
They stayed the entire time at the end of the block ...
There are angels amongst us.
Forever grateful for those amazing people.
Don (who is not the smallest person in the world) said that the man must have had some MAJOR endorphins, as he had Don thrown over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
A holiday miracle.
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

Deborah said...

So grateful that Don is unscathed through all of this, and so thankful to you for reminding me that these "miracles" do indeed happen! XOXO