Thursday, May 17, 2012

The time has finally come ...

... to make a new life for myself and my precious Critter.
I spent the better part of yesterday at my attorney's office (pro bono - and she is the kindest person EVER!) ... and at the damned court house downtown.
Now, I'm not certain if any of you 3 readers have gone through a divorce.  But, when your attorney says "let's do it today ... you okay with that?"  I HIGH-FIVED HER.  I just assumed that I was going to file some random stuffs through her.
Not the case.
She was making sure that everything was taken care of that day.  PERIOD.
A walk-about later, we ended up at the damned court house.
I had to stand ... BY MYSELF ... in front of a judge in a courtroom to explain my situation.
Funny thing ... I didn't say anything but "thank you".   He looked at all the paperwork, as I stood there,  and was so kind.  Pretty clear what his thoughts were.
Gotta say, after he signed everything, I thanked him, turned my back, started crying, and walked out of the court room.
I felt like an idiot for a moment.  Not the biggest crier, normally.
Then, I felt this HUGE weight off of my body and soul.
I cannot explain how amazing that feeling is.  Just to be done with drama, child neglect, lying to ones  spouse, verbal abuse, etc.
What EVERYONE  of my family and friends has gone through, due to ONE individual, is shocking.  How they have rallied in the midst of that is beautiful.
So, we're moving forward.
August 21st will be the most fabulous date ... MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDARS FOLKS ... it's already on mine.

xoxo
Anna


1 comment:

Deborah said...

So proud of your strength and courage, and for always doing the right thing! We love you with all of our hearts. XOXO