Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone has had a splendid day and that ya'll are stuffed to the gills. We are. Spent the evening at our friends' Robin and Dan's house. 20-something of our pals were there. Much food and drink. Kids running around like crazy. Silas is lucky to have older kids that adore him and look after him while we chat with the adults. Actually, WE are the lucky ones.
In any case, it was a great night with great food. Pics will follow soon, once I get them from Robin. My camera pooped out ... batteries.
I am thankful, tonight and every day, for my beautiful life ... that I actually WAKE UP in the morning. I'm thankful for amazing and loving friends and family. I'm thankful to work where I do and with the amazing artists that are there with me. I'm thankful for the interweb. I love the interweb. I'm thankful for all the wonderful young breast cancer survivors that have made their ways into my life. I'm thankful for my cute hats that everyone is giving me to keep my bald head warm. I'm thankful for my oncology staff at Swedish that has and continues to save my life. I'm thankful for being able to GO HOME SOON TO BE WITH MY FAMILY ... BUT, ESPECIALLY GRAMMY AND POP. I'm thankful for my new boobies. I will get them on December 22nd. At that point, I will be DONE with my major reconstructive surgeries. I'm thankful for moving on!
xoxo
Anna
p.s. Tonight I am sending a request. My dear girlfriend Kristin is battling a new metastatic breast cancer and loads of treatment. She has two very young girls and a loving husband. Treatment takes its toll. Medical bills abound. Day to day life is just as expensive. If any of you wish to help out (little or loads) with some of their expenses you can go to "paypal.com". Click on "send money". Then, enter "kdawgfunds@gmail.com." You should be able to navigate from there. If you'd rather do it on paper, you can e-mail me at dorcasanna@gmail.com and I can give you an appropriate address. Thanks in advance.

No comments: