Wednesday, February 16, 2011

This same time in April ...




The reality will truly set in: I will no longer be able to PHYSICALLY have another baby. I've weighed my options and consulted with 2 amazing Gynecologists. Due to the increasing cancer diagnoses in my family, it's become pretty apparent that we have a gene that makes us pre-disposed to get female/male cancers. Ovarian cancer is highly linked to breast cancer if there is a gene in the family. Thus, I've chosen to "yank the plumbing" for preventative purposes. Both OBs agreed that taking only the ovaries might lead to future complications. So, I'm opting to be VERY aggressive and remove not only the ovaries, but also my uterus.
Ahhhhhh, that uterus. That little thing grew to carry and protect my baby boy for, nearly, 10 months. Thanks for the help, sister. But, you gotta GOOOOO ...
I'm just fine with my choice. It's been a long time coming. As much as it hurts my heart that I wasn't the one to make the choice of not baring another baby ... Cancer, that bitch, chose ... I am so, so blessed that the beautiful gift I have is here with me. MY AMAZING SON.
Soooooo ...
I have surgery at Swedish First Hill on April 13th. I'll be in the hospital for 3 days or so. After that, I'll be staying at one of my BFF's houses awaiting the ARRIVAL OF NONNIE!!!!! That's right. My Mama will be heading to Seattle help out with Silas and myself for a week or so. We'll settle back into my house and convalesce, catch up, and heal.
I look forward to ending this long string of surgeries and moving farther and farther from invasive reminders of my disease. But, I'm not afraid of any of them. At least I'm alive to be able to Cock Block that Bitch, Cancer, at EVERY corner.
Suck it!
xoxo
Anna

No comments: