Friday, July 1, 2011

As if I needed more brain issues ...

I've decided that it would best for me to dress in bubble wrap from here on out.  It would also be best to stay away from door frames when your dogs are excited about going for their evening walk.  My "sweet" Otis got overly excited on Monday evening and started to bolt out of my front door.  I, ever the "genius, thought it a good idea to try to grab my 90 lb Wolfhound in fool gallup.  Apparently, that wasn't the best of  options.  Thankfully, Don had just gotten home and shuttled me to the ever "charming" Steven's hospital that has just been taken over by Swedish.  Have to say, it's clear that Swedish hasn't gotten all of the kinks out.
The doctor asked me if I was afraid of needles and stitches.  I couldn't help but get a case of the giggles and  said "have you looked at my chart?   I just need to know how many more days until I can take them out myself and we'll be good to go."  He was a great guy whose mother is a BC survivor.  So, he "got" it.
Hours later ... 6 stitches ... a concussion ... not being able to "procure" medical supplies from cabinets when the nurse was out of the room (as they didn't have shit up in there), we headed back home where my dogs still had their leashes on and were looking at me like I had let them down horribly ... for not taking them for their walk.
Just another day in the life of a dingbat that keeps getting more "dingbatty."
xoxo
Anna

No comments: