Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Love to the Hollon family...

Many moons ago ... when I was a freshman in college ... I was able to find some reprieve (from freshman dorm life) in housesitting for a family friend.  I babysat for their sweet baby girl and would watch their house and adorable Dalmatian when they went out of town.
Today my sister called with the horrific news that the father of the family, Mitch, was struck by a truck while on his bike.  He was thrown over the bridge into the marsh below.
Mitch died.
He leaves behind a beautiful family.  He leaves behind a gaggle of great friends.  He leaves behind a legacy of being a fabulous physician.
You know the weird thing?????  The first time I fell in love with the scent of Freesia was at their house when I was house sitting.  His wife had this great bubble bath soap.  After housesitting for them for some time, I ended up buying freesia perfumes and such.  Wore it all through college.  Still do.
Godspeed Mitch.  You are TRULY loved.

http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2011/jul/05/bicyclist-knocked-james-island-connector-following/

xoxo
Anna

No comments: