Friday, November 11, 2011

Godspeed Sweet Friend...

My sweet pal Kathy lost her battle with cancer early this morning after a several years of fighting.
I spent some time, last night, with her and her amazing daughter and lovely sister.
These two women were holding down the fort.  Strong as nails, they are.
Kathy, if you remember, is the client of mine that had a seizure in my chair at the salon.  This led to her diagnosis of brain metastises.
She continued her battle ... chemo, radiation, etc.  ... all the while so positive.  ALWAYS HAD a smile on her face.
I am blessed to have been able to spend last evening with her.  Got to give some kisses and secret words to her.
She will, truly, be missed.  But, I am so thankful that she is no longer in pain and struggling.
Though our friendship was short lived, I am that much better of a person for having had her in my world for that brief period.
I love you, dear girl.
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

K said...

Oh, it's so sweet:) go on