Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years Eve aftermath ...


Whelp ...
  I had a SPLENDID time on New Years Eve.  Hung out with a loverly friend and got to take in some amazing live music that happened to include one of my pals/clients playing drums.
  After the stroke of midnight, my buddy introduced me to his "two little friends":  the bottle rockets.
  At the time, it seemed like a good idea to shoot them out of his apartment window...
  After the fact ... not so much.
  A little "backfire" action occurred whilst setting mine off ... taking out my chest and FAVORITE dress, which I, promptly, had to remove because it caught on fire.  I'm not modest.  So.......
  After several days of trying to mend this damned wound, I had to make it in to "urgent care" today, as my entire chest is like a weepy hamburger patty.  So, now my left side is no longer envious of my right side and all its radiated glory.
  Mucho meds, lots of laughs with the docs and nurses, and a heapin' helpin' of them peeling the burnt skin off of my chest to "promote" healing ... don't try that at home ... I'm on the mend.
  Fingers crossed.
  But, what an amazing New Years Eve to remember.  Loverly time!
xoxo
Anna

No comments: