Monday, January 9, 2012

Once upon a time ...





I was given the most amazing "mixed" CDs entitled "Oh Anna, Volume 1, 2, 3, 4,  ..."
Stumbled across one today.  Out of all the fabulous songs, this one was my favorite on one particular CD.
And, as the sweet lyrics say, "it's so easy to forget."
I wonder why it is so easy to "forget" for some people.  
Don't get me wrong ... I have a MAJOR short-term memory issue, thanks to chemo-brain.  It's the bane of my existence.  
I forget the "good ol' days".  I forget why I said what I said, did what I did, loved who I loved, ate what I ate, shat where I shat ...
It's been a long couple of years for me, my family, my friends.
I love a good kick in the ass to remind me how far we've all come ... and, how much farther we'll go!
So ... I mosey on, and on, and on, and on.
On the "Up Side", I'm having a good time moseying!




Pleasurehead - "Seafood"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-3wcNnzwwE




Remove the tie and you will find
that the details are now complete
and hope is a word that we both hope for
the changing seasons we both need

and You're so beautiful when you shine for me
and You're so beautiful when you shine, oh

There's not much left, it's been so long
and this reflection has not been kind
So we place our hands in these foreign skys
it's so easy to forget

You're so beautiful when you shine for me
You're so beautiful when you shine for me
You're so beautiful when you shine for me
You're so beautiful when you shine, oh

e so beautiful when you shine, oh 



xoxo, 
Anna


2 comments:

Deborah said...

Don't look back. You're not going that direction.
XOXO

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

Indeed! Past experiences can be amazing building blocks. xoxo