Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Christian Bale needs some Midol...

Went to rehearsal tonight for the show that I'll be doing this weekend.
The play is "Natural Selection" by Eric Coble. It's a wonderful piece about how we will, eventually, head towards apocalypse by how we treat the earth, one another, and the memory of our ancestors. It's hysterical, actually. There is not ONE boring character in the show. The actors that Suzanne (the director, and head of Mirror Stage Company) chose are great. It's so wonderful to work with such professional actors that don't have a flakey bone in their bodies. Lucky me!
On that actor note: I'm reeling from the news about Christian Bale's rant on the set of his latest movie. I actually heard the recording of it, as the sound guy never turned off the tape. It's unbelievable. I've heard people say, "wow, he's a bad-ass." I say, what in the hell? He sounds like a pampered little pussy. I've never heard anyone say "fuck" that much in my life. He sounds like he has NEVER had anyone tell him "no" in his perfect little life. It's disgusting the way he speaks to the director of photography. Even if the guy is an idiot and kept walking into shots as they were filming ... I cannot believe the anger and ABSOLUTE hatred with which Bale spoke. If it's that hard for him to focus and get into character, with distraction, I sure hope he NEVER goes on stage. He'd be fit to be tied. If you're that good of an actor, you'd be able to regroup and re-shoot the scene immediately. Just my opinion. If not, take a moment to yourself, you moron. Regroup, then go back to the set. But, by showing such ire and hatred and abusiveness towards someone that is paid to make your ass look good, you just shot yourself in the foot. He's a joke. Not a fan.
Nighty, night.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: