Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week...

Well,
As you may have already read, my Mama had to go back in to have a core-needle biopsy after a mammogram showed suspicious findings. Her needle biopsy was Monday. She was told that the results would be available today. And, of course, they "haven't come back yet." At least, that is what she was told today. I had her call her doctor after she spoke with the radiologist's people. The doctor's folks said the same thing.
I'm wondering what type of fool they are taking her for ... they must not remember that her daughter was a breast cancer survivor. I KNOW THEY HAVE THE RESULTS. Laziness? Maybe. A friend of mine from high school - who now happens to be a physician - absolutely agrees. He said they, absolutely, have the results.
Tomorrow, she will call them again. If they say the same thing, I will personally call them and let them know that not ALL patients are ignorant. I will demand that they share her results. And, they are HER results. Having gone through what I have (in regards to cancer) has made me all too aware of the system and I have fortunately been blessed with medical staffs that fight for me and are more than timely. My Mama deserves no less. In my mind, she deserves MORE. It is her right to know. I'll make damned sure they know that I will make that happen.
They will not make her (and our family) wait over a long weekend. I refuse to allow that to happen. 5 days is longer than any of my girlfriends have EVER had to wait on a biopsy. It makes me frickin' livid.
I guess they assume that all patients will lie down and roll over. I, fortunately, have never had to deal with this situation, as the medical staff at Swedish is top of the line and timely. I've never had to wait over 2 days for ANY results. The ladies of the Young Survival Coalition have told me that they feel the same.
Tomorrow is ANOTHER day. And it will be THE day that they share her results. Otherwise, time to pull out my bow and arrow.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: