Monday, May 4, 2009

And so it goes ... again...





Well, we had a loverly day yesterday with Grammie and Grandaddy. Kevin's mom and stepdad came up for the afternoon to visit and give Silas his b-day gifts. They took us to a great lunch at the Wingdome. We got to visit in the backyard garden while Silas rode his bike and played t-ball. It was great to catch up with them and Silas was thrilled to show off his bike riding prowess.
Today, I got the news that a follow-up mammogram to one that Mama had last week has lead to further testing. They have noted calcifications in her imaging. So, on to the needle biopsy and MRI we go. I am, of course, taken aback, as it throws you right back to what you go through during the whole mammo, ultrasound, biopsy, MRI deal ... pre-diagnosis. However, there was no "mass" of which to speak. Which is great news. And, calcifications are not too terribly uncommon in women over 50. So, I've urged her to NOT wait until the May 26th date that they've set up for her follow-up tests. Three weeks???!!! Are you kidding me? I think my siblings and I are in total agreement that this should be pushed to the forefront. Her doctor doesn't want ME banging down the door.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: