Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Home from Chelan with my fabulous tan ...

Lordy, Lordy ... where to begin. Well, first off, The Hoodies' trip to Lake Chelan was a ball. The lake, itself, has to be the most gorgeous lake that I've ever seen. Crystal blue water surrounded by rolling hills. We, of course, ate our weight in fabulous food. Drank EVERYONE'S weight in booze. And, laughed like a bunch crazy people ...
Our accommodations were a bit ... rustic ... to say the least. Actually, the house itself was adorable. But, getting there (down a 3 mile gravel road on a cliff that drops off into the lake) was dicey. Once there, we realized that the house runs, solely, on solar power. I'm, absolutely, all for "going green". However, this was a challenge with 8 ladies and a water pump that apparently only wanted to work when we were NOT in the house and in need of water.
Oh ... and there was no AC. As as southern gal, I am no stranger to hot, hot heat. However, I am also no stranger to the frosty goodness of my pal AC on a hot summer day. I slept outside on the deck at night to keep cool... net to the bush where the rattle snake liked to hang out. That's right, the rattle snake. It should also be noted that myself and Sarah are the resident snorers. So, we get banished to the same room at night. She's a fabulous bed-mate. Oh, and I am the resident "spooner". So, it was much to my surprise to wake up on Saturday morning to find my face imbedded in crook of Sarah's knees. Apparently, in that stifling heat, I had decided (in my sleep) that it'd be a good idea for ST to wear me like a meat-coat. After trying to push me off, she thought it'd be a good idea to turn upside in the bed to get away from me. Sarah's knees STILL are not talking to her after that move ...
We added a day this year to our trip. So, we didn't leave until Monday. 3 days in that fabulous AND FRIGID water did a girl some good. Why I was desperate for AC, but scared to death to get in the cold water, is beyond me. But, I made it in.
We splashed around, skinny dipped ... not mentioning names, and basked in the sun. The neighbor, actually, had to get the boat out to go save Andrea, as she drifted off on her float and couldn't make it back to us ... couldn't get back on her float ... and was dog paddling for her life. We, probably, could have paddled out to help her ... that's if were weren't laughing so hard that we couldn't breath.
All in all, another fabulous trip with fabulous women. We're thinking of making it a biannual tradition, as it's too much fun to only experience once a year.
Dear God ... I don't know if we will survive it.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: