Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chelan ... we're coming for you!!!!




Welp ... it's upon us again. This time every year, The Hoodies ... my dearest group of cancer-club ladies ... take our annual vacation together. It's our time to play, party, and reflect.
This year, we will not be at the The Hood Canal. We've chosen a change of scenery and will be going to Lake Chelan. Chelan is a gorgeous deep, deep blue lake in eastern Washington.
I will, truly, miss our hideout on the Hood Canal. But, as is always the case in life, change is inevitable. And, for the most part, it is good. We may very well end up on the Hood next year. But, until then ...
The entire group won't be there this year. Life's circumstances find their ways into your world sometimes. I'll be missing my sweet girls that cannot make it this year. Won't be the same for me, honestly. But, it will still be a beautiful time of reflection and rest ... well, maybe more reflection, as rest is elusive on these excursions.
It's been a pretty damned long year for me. At some point soon, I might feel comfortable enough to get into it here on my blog.
Until then, I'm gearing up for this amazing house that we've procured. Right on the lake. A dock with a slide that goes right into the lake. A handful of fabulous ladies with which to spend a very memorable weekend. It's gonna be the bees' knees!
xoxo
Anna

2 comments:

Sarah said...

And with triple digit temps, this could be the first year you all see my nekkid-ness.

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

Dear God .... it was HOTTTTTTT. Tell your knees I miss them, terribly.