Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sweet Cheryl ... our latest angel...

It's with heavy heart that I share with you that my dear "Chemo Buddy" from Dr. Fer's office passed away Saturday evening at 7:00pm.
Cheryl had been battling cancer for 10 years and raising 2 boys all the while. The boys are, now, teenagers. I'm so glad that she had the time to spend with them. I an LIVID that she didn't have more time to make more memories.
Cheryl was one of those rare women that laughed as loud as me. It's a feat unto itself. We would buckle into our Lazy Boys and spend several hours in stitches. She was an inspiration to me when I was clueless and afraid. Always there to give hugs and advise, as she'd been through IT ALL.
Recently, Cheryl made the choice to stop treatment as her body could take no more. She was placed at Bailley Bouchey, a wonderful hospice on Capital Hill.
I spent the night with her this past Thursday night. Wanted her to have someone close. The head nurse that she hadn't seen her that calm in weeks. So, I imagine, she had been feeling lonely at night. And who wouldn't.
It was a bitter-sweet visit. I knew that was probably the last time I'd see her. That just broke me up in side. Thinking about those two beautiful boys losing their Mama. Too, too much.
But, her legacy is that SHE RAISED THOSE TWO AMAZING BOYS. She was such a kind soul and loving mother. She will live on through them both.
Sweet, sweet dreams my dear friend. Hold the fort down until I make my way there. OH ... and stay away from Allen or you'll both get kicked out for riling things up!
Love you.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: