Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today marks Cancerversary #4 ... and counting!!!!


Yes, indeed, people. Today marks my 4-year Cancerversary!!!!! The bone scan that I had on Monday showed that I had no notable metastasis to the bones and that they are holding up pretty darned well ... considering my menopausal "state."
What a long four years. And, what an AMAZING four years. My life's experience in these past years has been something that I, certainly, never expected. I had no clue, even shortly after diagnosis, that I'd have met so many amazing people. Not only that, but, have welcomed them into my heart's-fold.
It's amazing to me that I can sit here and chat (type) about the experience through which I've gone. I'm a lucky lady to be able to do so. Many young women have lost that opportunity to cancer. And, for that, I still harbor much anger. As much as I've filed that into the "useless" category of my mind's "to do" list, it doesn't seem to find its way there. And, I know that's on ME.
However, I'm trying to look at this process in a more positive manner. NO ... that does not mean that I won't continue to curse it, hate it, and want to scalp those that take advantage of generous folks during "Breast Cancer Awareness Month."
But, I'm continuing to try to reach out to new survivors and give them a "high five" and a "Guess what??? You're getting new tits ... and you're not gonna have to pay for them!" pep talk. Not that that's the point. But, humor is divine to me. I don't believe boobs are really even relevant, other than their intended function. But, making light of the situation sometimes makes the journey a bit better to navigate.
So, tonight, I thank every single person in my world that has helped my family, friends, and myself in this journey.
Here's to 400 more cancerversaries ... for all of us!!!!
And .... I'd like to give a HUGE shout-out to my sister Sarah T. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA ST!!!!!! I love you ... and your sweet knee caps!
xoxo
Coochie

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Happy Cancerversary!!! Stay healthy girl!

Ruth said...

Happy Cancerversary..... I'll be 4 years in December. I miss your voice of reason... I'll have to stop by here more often.

Genesis said...

hi

i love song

a year withou rain

selena gomez