Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy First Day of Kindergarten Sweet Silas!!!!!!




Dear God!!!!
  How did it come to this???  My sweet, sweet boy started kindergarten today.  We were both "okay" for the most part.  He teared up this morning while getting dressed.  It took ALL THE FIBERS OF MY BEING to stay calm and smile and say "You're gonna have much more fun at school than sitting around the house with the dogs and Mama, honey."
  It, also, helps that his teacher is frickin' adorable!  Mrs. Killin is a rockin' blond with an adorable smile and is a love-bug.
  Of course, we were the first there, as I was raised with an OVERLY anal sense of timing.  As much as I try to negate that, its doesn't work.  When I die, the funeral will be over by the time my peeps show up.
  Mrs. Killin remembered Silas' name immediately.  The flowers he brought to her last week were sitting on top of the big box of cubby holes for all the kids.  He thought that was pretty cool.  She's taken such good care of them.
  Oh ... and, I noticed Mrs. Killin has a tattoo on her foot.  Now, that doesn't mean that she is "cool."  I think that it means that she is probably a fairly "open" person.  I love that with educators.
  Silas' class is so, so very diverse.  Many ethnicities and religions, it's clear.
  So, all in all, I think we scored.
  We've gotten the most amazing calls, e-mails, texts, etc. from friends and family today.  We continue to be so blessed and carried by the beautiful souls in our world.
  I'm a thankful girl tonight.
  Wish us luck tomorrow.  You never know what will happen once a boy settles in and realizes he has a crush on his teacher.
  Shit!!!!
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Mrs. Killin will never replace the only "girl" in that boy's heart...his Momma! XOXO