Thursday, August 21, 2008

My nose hurts...





























  Man, does anyone else have major allergies right now?  My nose is so sore I'm looking into getting a transplant.  
  Crusty nose aside, we've had a lovely week.  The pics show that.  Silas and Marco got to race on their bikes in the backyard on Tuesday.  Marco and his Mama just bought their very first home!!!!!!!!!!!  CONGRATULATIONS Heather and Marco.  I'm so proud of you.  We'll be moving in once you get settled.
  In just as exciting news:  MY OTIS IS HOME!  He is such a well-mannered gent now.  You can tell he's thrilled to be home.  Last night, as soon as he got in the front door, he ran through the kitchen and down the stairs to our door.  What can I say?  We're in love.  We're in love and coming out as a mixed-race, mixed-species couple.  Jerry Springer here we come.
  In the MOST exciting news:  Silas Levi Schumacher is potty trained.  He went all day, yesterday, at daycare wearing his big boy underwear.   He did such a great job.  We took him out to dinner for a treat.  Not even 2 and a half and he's being such a big boy.  I, now, wish I was still diapering him.   
xoxo
Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the potty training! That's freaking awesome! We are trying our hand at it this next week...yikes! Any advice?

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

Let the boy run around naked. I found that if there is anything on his crotch, he uses it like a potty. If he was naked, he suddenly looked like a deer in headlights ... I knew that was a sign. Typically, he would say, "I gotta go potty." If you let 'em go commando, I think they have to work out in their heads: "where is the pee gonna go?"
Good luck sweety. Keep me posted.
xoxo
Anna