Friday, August 15, 2008

Um .....

  Pissed and pensive tonight.  I've spent the better part of my day dealing with a billing company (from recon surgery) and my insurance company.
  I was assured, prior to surgery, that "everyone in that OR will be covered 'in network'."  
  Well, that doesn't seem to be the case, at this point.
  My plastic surgeon's head nurse was in on the surgery.  She did some "stitching up" in the end.  She was in the same OR that was supposed to have been covered by my insurance.  But, no.  It seems they are billing me for her being out of network.  Funny that.  She has done all of my fills since April and I've not been billed for those.   I don't feel like holding that over the insurance company's head, as I don't want them to rethink THAT billing.
  I've not cried in, nearly, a year about all of this shit.  I think I may have cried 2 or 3 times prior.   But, today, I'd had my fill.  I, for some reason, lost it on the phone with the billing lady.  She was telling me that I HAD to pay the bill.  I said, "you know what, I am having to pay a bill that I should not have to pay.  I made sure that all of this was covered and neither you or my insurance company are willing to budge.  I'm a young breast cancer survivor that has had to move (again) into a small one-bedroom apartment due to all of this crap.  And you're telling me that I need to pick up the pieces after someone else has broken the deal?!  This is on you.  It's not on me.  I covered my ass.  Did you?  No.  It's bullshit."
  Then, I spoke to the insurance company and said the same thing.  Basically, "shame on you for not standing up and sticking to your word."
  I have to appeal the whole deal now.  Great.  I spend my time writing letters and waiting for responses just so my credit doesn't get screwed.  I, apparently, have NOTHING else better to do with my time.  I've got great credit.  If these jackasses screw with my credit, they are gonna have their asses handed to them. I've been so subservient during this mess, in regards to bills and such.  But, someone gave their word.  She, by the way, doesn't even work there any longer.  LUCKY ME!!!!!!!!
  I'm ranting.  I'm just so pissed.  Kevin and I were just talking about how easy it would be if we divorced.  I would, then, be considered a single woman with a child and would have everything covered.  It would be covered if we broke our family apart.  How sick is that.  It's unbelievably sad.  We're the "greatest" country in the world and our people cannot get decent healthcare.  It's pathetic.
Night, night.  Think about your vote, people.  Please look at the healthcare issue when you vote.
xoxo
Anna

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to see this happening to you too. I had you in my thoughts when I ranted about insurance in blog.

Steve

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry! You should definitely not have to be going through this!!

I will ponder whether I know anyone who might be able to help untangle the mess.

I am angry and sad on your behalf. Hang in there!