Monday, October 13, 2008

Wonderful evening...

So, we had the honor of being able to catch up with an old friend of mine that happens to be my sister-cousin's (Angi) best girlfriend from college. Her name happens to be Angie. I love this woman. Cracks me up. She's not only gorgeous on the outside, but her insides are pretty damned beautiful, as well. She's in Seattle for business. Angie has witnessed many things that have happened in my family and defined my best friend "The other Angi" and myself. She's been there during marriages, babies, deaths in the family, and other crises. Silas, Kevin, and myself got to meet up with her for a cocktail before she had a dinner meeting. It was so wonderful to be able to spend time with her. It felt like I had an hour of South Carolina right here in Seattle. I miss South Carolina. I miss my family and friends. It's just so unbelievably wonderful to sit, bald, with a girlfriend that has known me since I was in high school. She knew that I had gone bald for no reason. Didn't seem to make a bit of difference to her ... even though I caught random stares from people in the restaurant. You always get that. You, basically, become immune. It was so great to focus on the present and to hear about her two beautiful girls and see her playing with my son. Angi, I KNOW you're jealous! You should have flown up with her!
xoxo
Anna



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww...you're the most beautiful bald lady I've ever seen!! Glad you had a wonderful evening!