Thursday, October 30, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Well, dear readers, it's been a long day at the Warren-Schumacher household. We woke up early, as I was scheduled to go in to Swedish and get my Herceptin infusion. But, as we all know, Anna's world works differently than your average gal's. Got showered and was drying off when suddenly the top of my nose, that harbored a tiny blood blister thingy (for years) started gushing blood. I'm talking, I could have been a "stand in" for Sissy Spacek in Carrie. It wasn't stopping. So, Kevin is freaking out and I was laughing ... a bit. It was like a faucet. So, we try to get Silas out of the bathroom so he doesn't see Mama "dying."
I sent the boys off ... I was supposed to get Silas to daycare, but it wasn't gonna work out that way. Kevin told me I HAD to go the ER. So, I off I went, in my pajamas and my cozy little slippers that my brother Josh bought for me when I was pregnant. Half way there, the bleeding slowed. So, I turned around and came back to the house to get clothes ... thinking I would rush over to Dr. Fer and the infusion center to make it in time for my Herceptin. NO GO. As I was leaving the house, the faucet began to leak again ... I mean, it poured!!!
Off to the ER I went again.
Once there, I ended up with the funniest group of male nurses, save one dear lady. My Doctor was so dry, that, at first, I thought he was an ass-hole. But, he ended up being cool. He asked me if I wanted my nose numbed while he tried to get the bleeding to stop. I told him that I had demanded that I get no anesthesia whilst getting my mastectomies, as I have a REALLY high tolerance for pain. Finally, a smile!
In any case, They finally, after a frickin' hour, got the damned thing to stop bleeding. They had pulled out the cauterization cart just in case. I told them I wanted it to be cauterized. But, the doctor said that it would take a long time to heal afterwards and the scaring might be bad. So, the male nurse, basically, laid on my nose for 20 minutes with all this shit that they had put on there. The first round of treatments didn't work. So, they moved onto another powder thing that I think they use for athletes. It worked.
I'm now getting a bit of a black eye ... I'm assuming it's from the pressure of the nurse who use to be a Marine. Enough said.
Who in the hell was I in a past life that has led me to such dramatic stuffs? Thank God I have a good sense of humor.
I'm planning on going as Ghandi for Halloween (the bald head lent itself to this). I'm gonna really have to work in the black eye and the "nasal stigmata" as I've termed this latest snafu.
xoxo
anna

No comments: