Sunday, April 5, 2009

Beautiful Seattle...

What a gorgeous day. So, so beautiful here in Seattle today and yesterday. Though it was a long weekend for me, I was pleasantly surprised by the upswing of our schizophrenic weather. Friday, I woke up and went to get my Zometa treatment and Lupron shot. My phone was dead. So, after waiting for Dr. Fer for about an hour, I decided to use the office phone to check my voice-mails. Dr. Fer isn't an egotistical person her could care less about your time. He's someone who cares SO much for everyones time that he takes time to deal with all his patients ... and then the THEIR time gets pushed back ... and then he spends as much OR MORE time with the people he had to push back. Vicious cycle. But, I can tell you: he's the only person I'm just fine waiting for, as I know he's doing his job and he's doing it with such moxie and love. Plus, he helped save my damned life. So, I gotta give my Turkish teddy bear a break, yeah? Anyway, I got a voice mail from Kevin that sounded like Ground Hog Day. "Oh, and by the way Happy Anniversary!" No joke. We have both forgotten our wedding anniversary for the past 4 years. WE'VE BEEN MARRIED FOR FIVE YEARS! One of us, after catching on, will realize it each year and jump to the phone so we can be the one that says that they remembered. But, honestly, neither of us did. And we're so, very, okay with that. It's become, sort of, a joke with us. We don't do gifts. We do High Fives. After what we've gone through in 5 years of marriage, no gift could compare, honestly.
We spent the better part of the day packaging 1,200(plus) cds and press releases for Jeff and Kevin's new record label. The packages contain 3 cds, press releases for each cd, and a bio for "Tsurumi Records": the record label that he and our friend Jeff started. They have, also, gotten many of the albums out on vinyl ... AND THEY ARE BRILLIANT. The colors and artwork are amazing. But, the music is what it's all about. And, I adore it all. So, we're keeping fingers crossed that all of their hard work will pay off. It is DEFINITELY a labor of love for the boys. They've been involved in the music industry since they were teens. So, I sure hope that this record label takes off. They deserve it.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: