Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trudging along ...

Evening. Camera is still toast. My trying to fix something electronic is like a walrus playing a concerto. Not pretty. I've tried to make the damned thing work ... and it just won't. Guess I'm gonna have to take the ol' guy into the pros.
We're 3 days away from Kevin's last day at work. It's a bit ominous.
And so it begins. "It" being the bizarre world of interviewing.
He had a job interview at a place called Alaska Structures. To say that the job interview was bizarre is an absolute understatement. They prided themselves on being a dictatorship. They prided themselves on their huge turnover in employees: "we love the the fact that we have a 900% turnover ... we like to weed out the weak." They tried to get Kevin to take a shot of tequila at 7:00am whilst a picture of the CEO and George Bush overlooked the whole train wreck of an interview. Seemed like some sort of freaky cult. After looking them up online and reading comments about them (which the CEO said he posts in the office, as he finds them funny) it became apparent that this place sucks people into jobs to which they did not apply. It's quite freaky, honestly. The blog posts talked about people working crazy hours and looking at their superiors as "mentors" and such. They stated that if an applicant asked what their job requirements would be, they were basically scolded for even speaking up. Someone needs to call Jessie Jones on these folks. It would be hysterical!
Thanks Alaska Structure for wasting my husband's time. Hope ya'll keep drinking it up while the rest of us try to keep our heads above water. And, YES, I mentioned your name in my blog. Feel free to print this out and post it in your office. Hope the underlings get a clue soon that your "structure" isn't quite so beneficial to their quality of life. Hope they find time to get a life and not spend so much of their time with their heads in the darkest regions of your anal canal. I'd be glad to pop by at 7:00am and throw back MORE than one shot of tequila. After which, I'll be glad to show you what "weakness" is truly about...
Hugs and kisses to you pantie-wastes that try to intimidate. You're just making asses of yourselves. I pity the fool ...
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I had an interview with them two, awhile ago. It was the craziest thing I have ever experienced in my life!

Anyway, I just googled them, to see if I could find anyone else who has had a similar experience. Glad to know that I wasn't the only one who dealt with their cult like ways.

Zachary Kroger