Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ah ... the Swine Flu ... Run for Cover!!!!!!!

This whole Swine Flu pandemic shit is ridiculous. I mean, I get that this "Flu" is an angry strain. Not lost on me. I've had cancer. So, I'm pretty aware of deadly diseases. But, this hysteria is simply amazing. Yes, many, many people have been affected. Yes, many of them are proving to be in age groups that "should not" be dying of the influenza virus. However, it seems that the people that are going to the doctor upon seeing signs are being treated and are recovering splendidly. That's a novel idea. The Swine Flu is in the neighborhood, and you go and get checked out?! Mensa, anyone?
Seems to me that many of the people that have died, due to the disease, have either had poor health care OR haven't gone to the doctor once their symptoms went downhill ... swiftly.
Let us not create another catastrophic situation due to the media and our own neuroses. You sick=go to the doc. Seems simple enough to me.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: