Monday, September 20, 2010

Meet Lauren ...


This is a pic of one of my ALL-TIME favorite clients. Lauren has been with me since I was an apprentice at Salon Joseph (8 years ago) and she was in college. Flash forward to our marriages/babies/life strife/etc. Lauren is one of those people that brings peace. She cracks me up, and and we spend hours ... because of her thick hair ... reflecting and reconnecting.
She's ALWAYS so kind and level-headed ... funny, with a side snark ... and, loves her some beer.
Lauren chopped off ALL of her hair today, as she wanted to donate it to "Locks of Love." She has always been one of those clients that says "what do YOU think I should do?"
Sometimes this worries me. But, knowing her, I knew she was ready.
15 inches later, we colored and then cut her hair into this cute little pixie-bob.
As gorgeous as she is, I could have placed a ham sandwich on her head and sent her home. She would have rocked that as well.
Thank you, sweet girl, for letting me scalp you!
And, thank you for donating all of that beautiful hair to the cancer cause. Only a person with balls of steel would say, "cut it all off ... it's just hair."
You're a warrior, dear friend.
xoxo
Anna
p.s. I should note that Lauren works for Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center. So, she deals with calls ... every day ... about cancer. It is her world. She made a choice to help others in their fight, as she deals with them, daily. And, that's one of the MANY reasons why I love her so ....

2 comments:

Lauren said...

You are fabulous my dear! Love you so much and it has been an honor sitting in your hair chair for 8 whole years! You are just fabulous :).

الْحَمْدُ للَّهِ الَّذِي هَدانا لَهَذَا said...

الْحَمْدُ للَّهِ الَّذِي هَدانا لَهَذَا وما كُنَّا لنَهْتَدِيَ لَوْلاَ أَنْ هَدَانَا اللَّه : اللَّهُمَّ صلِّ عَلَى سيدِنَا مُحَمَّدٍ وعلَى آلِ مُحمَّدٍ، كَمَا صلَّيْتَ عَلَى إِبْراهِيم وعلَى آلِ إِبْراهِيمَ . وبارِكْ علَى مُحَمَّدٍ وعلَى آلِ مُحمَّدٍ ، كَمَا باركْتَ علَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ وعلَى آل إِبْراهِيمَ ، إِنَّكَ حمِيدٌ مجِيدٌ.
الاقتباسات المفضلة اللهم ثبتنا على الإيمان والعمل الصالح وأحينا حياة طيبة وألحقنا بالصالحين..اللهم أغفر وارحم والدي وارزقه الفردوس الأعلى من الجنة .. اللهم أغفر و أرحم والدتي وأزقها الفردوس الأعلى من الجنة .. وأغفر لناوالجميع المسلمين الأحياء وألأموات, أنك سميع مجيب الدعوات.....