Sunday, August 28, 2011

Grandaddy's are always heros ...




....  Even if they get their hand bitten OFF by bees....
    Silas' Grandaddy was on one of his long, long bike rides the other day.   The man is a warrior.
  Gailon is peach.
  I've loved my father "ex-law" since I first met him.  He and I have ALWAYS  had such an amazing rapport.  He's, always,  been so loving with my son and myself.  Quiet wit and sweet heart..... and snarky, with a twist of lime.  I LOVE IT!!!!
   Apparently, Grandaddy had an allergic reaction to a bee sting whilst on one of his many (30 mile) bike rides the other day.  Hand huge, ER, etc.
  He's the type of person that wouldn't complain if someone cut his Achilles heel.  He'd put his head down and make it ALL okay.  He's done it for us ... just saying ...
  Grandaddy is the type of person that will sit there for HOURS while you sit there chatting EVERYONE up.  He is one of the MOST patient people I've EVER met.
   But, sometimes, when things get quiet ... Grandaddy and I have had some pretty amazing and sweet conversations.  He's not an expectant person.  He's just been there to play, play, AND PLAY  with my son.   And, for that, I cannot thank him enough.   He has taught me patience ... that's loverly ...
   I've reached a point in my life where I don't chat "everyone" up, oddly enough.  I'm, simply, fine having a quiet conversation with a sweet, sweet puppy-dog and folks that make sense to me.  Whatever "sense" is, at this point in my life.   I never thought that I'd become "quiet".  I'm sure everyone is thanking their lucky stars.   Don't blame them a bit ...
   It's not that I'm quiet.  Unfortunately, it's not in my bones.
    I think that it has more to do with my mind and spirit right now.
   Gonna start a new play soon ... re-writing some scripts.
   Think it's the best therapy at this point....
   Until then, Grandaddy and his lawn mower are in our thoughts and prayers.   Silas and I are already planning our next trip.
   Next time, I'm on the tractor!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo,
Anna




3 comments:

Deborah said...

So true Anna!! Grandaddy looks more like a Super Hero right now with his huge Hulk fist!! XOXO

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

Silas saw the pics and LOVED THEM!!! Thinks Grandaddy is a super hero, as well. ARGGHHHH ...

Deborah said...

Well, I'm just glad his finger didn't fall off!!! Tell Silas that he didn't cry either!! :o) Love you both to the MOON!!!!