Thursday, June 4, 2009

Couple of Weeks ...

Oh Lawd!!! There isn't enough coffee in Kona to get me movin' this morning. The only thing that is keeping going is that Silas is having one of his "I LOVE YOU!!!!!!" days. He is running around the house in a "wife beater" t-shirt, a penguin hat, and yelling, "I LOVE YOU, MOMMY." I gotta say, that phrase may be the only one that I could hear constantly for the rest of eternity and would NEVER tire of.
This has been a long and great week promoting Komen's Race for the Cure and our Komen Day at Salon Joseph. On Monday, I did an interview with KING 5 promoting the Race for the Cure and discussing the issues that young survivors face. Yesterday, I did another on-air interview on Fox Q13 promoting our "Komen Day" at the Salon and, again, discussing the plight of the young survivor. The Q13 gang are my peeps. Gotta say, I just love everyone over there. M.J McDermont, their meteorologist, is a client of mine. So, it was great to see her. Scott, their producer, is the fiance of one of my dear, dear "cancer club" girlfriends. He works so, so hard for the cause. And is just the most kind fellow, ever! Thanks so much everyone for the opportunity.
We had an awesome day at Salon Joseph. We were so, so slammed. The front desk counted $700.00, alone, in mere cash donations. That's not including what we, personally, will be donating from the salon itself. We're gonna extend the drive through tomorrow, as we've had so much public interest and support with this event. It's been just amazing. I'm so proud of my co-workers for working so hard and for helping out so graciously. I cannot thank them enough for being so supportive in this.
In other news, I've gotta go see Dr. Fer tomorrow. It's nothing cancer-related (thank God). Think I've got this ulcer brewing, or something. Could be the plague - knowing my luck. But, I'm sure we'll figure it out. Stress can be quite the beast. I sure hope he doesn't send me to somebody that's gonna have to "probe" me.
On second thought ......

No comments: