Monday, June 1, 2009

Race for The Cure week is BUSY!





It's gonna be a LONG week. The Race for the Cure is coming up on Sunday. Many, many events comprise the preamble to said race. Last night, I was a "model" (don't laugh) for a "Save the Girls" benefit. It was a fund raiser for Komen. Models wore bras that were designed by local individuals or companies. The bras will be bid on. The venue was packed. So, I'm certain that much cash was raised. The funny was: all the models wore this funky outfits and these striking stiletto shoes or boots. However, Nicole and myself (2 of the 3, actual, survivors) were dressed in the most hysterically "Chico" attire I've EVER seen. We were the only models, out of about 20, that wore sandals. I mean, these bedazzled sandals. Flat as the earth. We laughed the entire time as all the other gals were strutting around in their "screw-me" shoes. We plodded around in our cuter-than-can-be little sandals. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm not a "Chico" shopper. I'm not a "capri" wearer. So, it was a bit of an odd pill to swallow. But, the cause was worth it. Here are some pics before the shindig of we three survivors.
I did an interview on KING5 today about the being a young survivor and the Race for the Cure. It went just fine. Felt a bit nervous. That was odd for me. But, so be it. Getting the word out is the point. I'll be doing another on-air interview on Wednesday morning on Fox Q-13. Watch, if you dare.
The Young Survival Coalition will be coming out in full force on Sunday for the walk. We ALWAYS have a grand time together. Mamas and kids/babies/strollers abound. I so look forward to spending the day with my girls.
Oh, and Wednesday will be a big day Salon Joseph. We'll be holding the "Cuts for the Cure" benefit. A portion of the proceeds and our tips that day will be going to Komen. So, book an appointment or drop by and make a donation in person if you can.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: