Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Heading home...

Well, Silas and I are getting all our goodies together this morning. We fly back home in a few hours. So, we're trying to remember the important things and forget about the unimportant things, like underwear, shoes, toothbrushes, anti-psychotic meds. It is the South after all.
Mama continues to sound wonderful. I know she'll have a case of the nerves on Thursday morning before the mastectomies. But, she'll have little time to worry with us Clampets running around stealing everything in her room that's not nailed down. Seriously, as I've said before, you PAY to "acquire" most of the goods in that room.
She will be just fine. Hey she gets narcotics. What more can I say?
Silas is very excited to be flying again. He's pretty much a dream on planes. I really, really lucked out with that one ... in more ways than one. Apparently, every relative in York County has bought a plastic swimming pool to woo him over to THEIR house. There will be 4-wheelers, tractors, bass boats, speed boats, fishing, Carowinds (with rides and a wave pool), the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia ... Yadda yadda. This kid's gonna hate me when I drag him back here.
We'll be leaving Daddy and Tootsie here to hold down the fort. They will be missed for sure. I'm sure Daddy and Tootsie might just get into some trouble of their own while we're gone.
We'll check in when we can.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: