Saturday, August 15, 2009

Long, long night...

Well, it's been a long evening because I took a 3 hour nap late this afternoon. For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm not a very good napper. Tend to have the attention span of a Tsetse fly. Funny thing: just found out, via "google" that they are the main cause of "human sleeping sickness". So, it makes sense that I'm still awake and typing. The "irony."
We spent the evening watching "I Love You, Man." Save yourself some cash and some snores. Not a good flick. The actors were fine. The script ... not so much.
Last night was spent with some of my dear ladies from the Young Survival Coalition affiliate here in Seattle. We met at Havana, the venue where we are hostessing our big fund raiser on October 3rd. We walked through the space, chatted about the logistics of what and who goes where, talked money, talked about our procuring silent auction items (what we have so far is amazing), talked press, talked about the future of YSC-Seattle. Oh, and we laughed ... a lot.
I'm amazed at how many women go through the trials of this disease without anyone, that has walked the same path, holding their hand. I cannot imagine never having met these women after being diagnosed with breast cancer. I assure you that I would not have the strength that I now have without having spent the last few years amongst these brave, lovely, and damned hilarious young women that are walking this unknown road with me.
Oh wait ... we're young thangs: we prefer to skip, hop, and cartwheel down said path!
xoxo
Anna

No comments: