Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Vaginal atrophy aside....

Sounds like the NYC benefit and show were a hit. Spent an hour or three on the phone with my dear Donnetta tonight. I've also chatted with several folks that took part in the whole shebang. It's amazing that these "old school" pals of mine have come out of the woodwork to help make this show a reality. Not only that, but new friends are selflessly lending themselves to it as well.
What I know about the benefit: The food was amazing (thank you Carla ... for the food, and ALL that you've done). The actors were brilliant ... this was shared with me by several people NOT associated with the piece (a big thanks to these busy actors for taking time to share a young survivor's story). The YSC gals spoke ... and they made our worlds, as young survivors, a tangible reality to the audience. Thank you, ladies, for stepping up to the plate. Coyote Rep has balls ... cannot say enough about this theatre company. As a professional actress, I'd cut off my boobs ... if I had them ... to be associated with such an amazing and progressive theatre company. Hats off to you all. Our world needs theatres that are willing to gamble. Art SHOULD move our souls ... the movement of cash should be secondary. My dear friend Patrick filmed it all. It is, certainly, a labor of love for him as his sweet, sweet sister Katie is also a young survivor. I've had the honor to chat with her and we've shared our stories and experiences. Thanks Patrick. Kiss Katie for me.
And, let us not forget my Donnetta. My Donnetta spent tireless hours rehearsing shows with me at the College of Charleston when we were young thangs. The woman is a rock. She's a beauty inside and out. I cannot express how amazing it is to be told that someone wants to share your story. Actually, that's not the only amazing part. The follow through trumps it all. I'm not a micro-manager and I'm not a person that has "the odds" on her side. But, when I heard, "Hey honey ... I'd like to share your story."
I said "go right ahead".
And she did.
I love you, D.
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i luv u. it's been an honor and a pleasure, my friend. ~D