Friday, August 21, 2009

Perfect Storm...

Greetings this lovely Friday evening. I've spent the past week house sitting for a dear girlfriend while she and her family are partying at Lake Chelan. They have been having a ball. I, personally, have been having a ball on the memory foam bed in their master bedroom. Is it just me, or are those things like a large (and foamy) piece of non-smokeable crack? I've found myself finding ANY excuse to climb into the damned bed ... just to get sucked into a soft molding of my own body. It's become a bit addictive, honestly. I, personally, do not have the means to buy one of these "crack mattresses." But, many of my peeps own them. So, don't be surprised if you wake up, on any given morning, and find me and my drool snuggled up beside you. I'll find a way to keep up this habit.
I've been seeing pictures, lately, that my friends in the South have been taking of these amazing clouds and storms. I SO miss those. The blue/grey/green clouds hovering over the horizon and the air as thick as honey. Storms and rain are definitely one of my favorite things on this earth. I miss storms. I miss the beauty and drama and smell of them. They make your senses perk up. They are almost sensual in that way.
Here in Seattle, it pisses rain. It dribbles. It weeps. It sprinkles.
Back home it rages. It howls. It thunders. It screams. It is one of the most perfect dramas I've ever seen. So, sultry and passionate ...
I miss those perfect storms. I miss the smells left behind. Clean and sweet.
Keep up the pics, folks. I'm loving them and can feel the humidity every time I see them.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: