Friday, November 13, 2009

Belated birthday love to my soul-mate/sistah...





Well, I missed the boat on blogging about my best buddy's birthday. I did call to wish her some birthday love. But, failed to write a word or two about her here for her birthday (11/10). I won't disclose the year as that would allow you, dear readers, the ability to judge her on a geriatric basis.
Angi Neely Kemp was born on Novemeber 10th in York (or was it Rock Hill), South Carolina, to my sweet Aunt Pam ... my Mama's sister. From that moment on, she was my sister. Now, I would not be born for 3 more years. But, those must have been three VERY, VERY long years knowing that yours truly would be missing from her life for such a long, arduous time!
Glory to the heavens!!! I was born ... 3 years later.
From that moment to today, we have been inseparable ... at least, in spirit. As I moved around so much as a child, I would spend my vacations and summers with her and the rest of my family in South Carolina. She, in turn, would spend her vacations with us ... wherever the Warren clan was at the time.
Angi and I "get" one another more than anyone else "gets" us. We have NEVER had a bitter fight. We are way too tight to even imagine that. We can disagree on ANY subject without withdrawing. We can pull each other out of the darkest of holes. We laugh harder than any two sisters/cousins/friends I have EVER met in my life. We are infinitely comfortable with one another. We are infinitely comfortable in our own skin. We are infinitely dorky. And, we are extremely protective of one another. That happens. After this many years of love and life, I'd rather be set on fire than see her harmed. THAT, my friends, is such a blessing to me, because I know that she feels the same way.
I'll be seeing her and the fam in early March, as I will be attending the YSC conference in Atlanta with my cancer-club girlfriends. Once the conference is finished, Sarah and I will be road-tripping through South Carolina and bunking with my family from town to town. We're gonna have a BALLLLLLLL in Charleston with Angi and I'll be able to show Sarah many of our old college haunts. If I went to Atlanta and did NOT, later, spend time with the family, I would be disowned ... as, Georgia butts up to SC.
I cannot wait to give my girl a big hug and smooch. Cuddle and play with the kids ... and my love Matthew!
So, Happy Birthday my love. I'll be home soon and will give you the BEST birtday spanking ... EVER! I'm so very proud of you and what you've become. A wonderful woman, mama, wife, sister, friend, nurse, and tramp. Way to over achieve!!!!
xoxo
JR

1 comment:

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

No joke. There are not enough police officers in the greater Charleston area for our nonsense. Lover you...