Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Welcome home Otis...




Well, the tiny Schumacher abode just inherited another canine. My Love, Otis ... T's "other" dog. Otis has been a part of our family for years. But, after much training, him running rampant upstairs, and hard work on her behalf, the latest hip issues are going to make it virtually impossible for T to care for a strong willed Irish Wolfhound mix considering she still owns a Great Dane. The Dane is well mannered. Otis is a handful. I've never had a problem with him. That's the odd thing. He's a love ... but, he's also a "lug." For whatever reason, the damned dog only listens to me. I've no doubt that it's probably because I'm a lug and accident prone and hard-headed too. If you've read earlier posts, this whole "love affair" betwixt myself and Otis will make more sense. T and I have come to the conclusion that it might just be "meant to be." We're gonna continue to live like sardines in this little can. But, I have to give it a chance. Fate sometimes throws you a curve ball. Gotta go with your gut.
In any case, I'd rather him be here with us as opposed to going to another (a 4th) "strange" family. It broke my heart tonight when we spoke about that option. Tootsie loves him more than any pup in the universe. He calms her and she, in turn, humps him. Don't know why in the hell she does it. But, she does. She is enamored with him and he her. I'm banking on their union saving me more shoes, as I'm down to ONE pair that I am able to wear regularly, as she has this "Mama" separation anxiety deal going on. I've no explanation why this dog behaves nearly perfectly when he's with us. It's quite bizarre. So, we're gonna give it a whirl.
Thus, we now have a new member of the family. Welcome home Otis.
Loves Silas. Loves Us. Loves Willie and Hank. Loves Tootsie.
Here's to new beginnings.
xoxo
Anna
p.s. these pics are of Tootsie and Otis' first meeting. She is, now, his size.

No comments: