Monday, June 30, 2008

Life/Death ... Sucks/Sucks

  I've had a great week or two.  Did Race for The Cure, threw a great benefit concert for our 3-day team, and am alive am healthy.  TOO MANY pictures will follow.  More hysterical stories will follow that in some days.
  But, tonight, I'm simply pissed.
  One of my dear girlfriends is losing a dear girlfriend to breast cancer.  The woman that is dying is young.  She has a young son and a fiance.  She is also a member of one of my internet support boards.  It just so happens that this young woman is pals with my dear girlfriend in Seattle.
  I'm sick.  I'm sick for my dear "C."  It's the first time C has gone through this with someone close to her.  I've not seen her really upset.  Nacho (our nickname for her) is a badass.  She holds down a really high-end job in a very high-end company that you've all heard of.   She works her ass off ... and she juggles 2 kids whilst doing so.  She still maintains a great sense of humor and is one of the most supportive and loving pals I've ever had.  
  So, when she cried, when I hugged her the other day, I was heart broken.  She's losing a close friend.  She's losing someone that she adores.  She's losing someone that she knows could have been her.  ALL of us feel that way when a young breast cancer patient dies.   But, when it's someone you love and adore, it's nauseating.  To see their child left behind is to see our own children left behind.  It's disgusting.  
  Please think of Jayme and her family.  Please send love and vibes and prayers.  Please send hope.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: