Thursday, July 3, 2008




  Well, I promised I'd show ya'll pics of my survivor girlfriends and myself during The Race for the Cure and such.  Little did I know, unless you're the president of Mensa, you'll never be able to download anything off the interweb.  Just drives me nuts.  I'm no genius ... but I'm not a moron, contrary to popular belief.  I love and loathe this apparatus equally.  Damned computers.  I think I'll be able to download 2 pics from the race and then another from a survivors luncheon this winter.  
  In any case, the race went well.  Well, we didn't race.  We've already had cancer, for God's sake, don't make our asses RUN!  So, we walked.  We walked as a group of girlfriends with our children.  The pink shirts were a dead giveaway that we were survivors.  The looks we got were hysterical and, a bit, sad.  Obviously, the thousands of people at the race were astounded that we, young women with children, had battled "the beast."  They just stared.  Normally, I HATE when people stare.  But, in this case, it's certainly understandable.  
  Now, I will attempt to download some pics from the race and the FANTASTIC after-party at my dear girlfriend Carol's house.  They rented a "jump castle" ... GENIUS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry I missed the benefit concerts, but I am glad to see those sassy photos of you in your pink shirt.

Happy 4th!