Thursday, September 4, 2008

Week...

A dear woman from the YSC boards died 2 days ago. She was a young single mother and leaves behind 3 children. I know that she was so heart-broken that she was so sick and feared having to leave them. It's nauseating to even imagine having to leave my son. Danica, you are missed.
It's so unfair. It's disgusting. Remember that tonight. You have the gift of being able to be with your children tomorrow. Danica is not here to do that. I know that those children will be taken care of. But, it should be their mama that does that. FUCK CANCER.
The YSC boards are afire lately with nastiness. It seems that this happens when tensions are high ... typically it's when someone is dying or has died. But, the amount of absolute ugliness was something that I could not let rest. I have been very vocal about one particular member (who is posting anonymously ). She is using her stage 4 status as a guise to chew on MANY members of the board. She states that she is dying. So, she is gonna call it as she sees it. She has berated women and told them that she's sure their husbands are cheating on them with much more attractive women, they are a lazy lay in bed. She has told members that their prayers for other people are vapid. She has berated women for their bad grammar and spelling in posts. She has made fun of women's living situations due to cancer/bills (me). I cannot tell you how many people this anonymous person has affected. What's worse, is that some of the elder members of the boards are defending her and supporting her nastiness, as they believe it's an elder member that hasn't posted in a while. Someone they love. Are you kidding me?!
You know what? I give a shit who you are. I could care less how many "cool" folks know and love you. If you are metastatic and dying ... AND STILL CHOOSE TO ANONYMOUSLY RAKE OTHER CANCER SURVIVORS OVER THE COALS, YOU'RE A DAMNED COWARD. She's pathetic. I've posted this. I've posted that I find it disgusting that she wants her last days/weeks/months spent spewing nastiness at the people that can relate to her the most. I feel sorry for her in a sense. I cannot relate to someone dying. I cannot relate to the emotions that one must go through. It, however, could be me tomorrow. But, as I told her on the boards, it's sick. It's not acceptable and it's wrong. It's nasty and it breeds contempt. It's totally defeatist and sets us back so many steps as women and breast cancer peeps. "Shame on you" was my last comment. I'm still in awe that we've been so wrapped up in the mystery of "who is Crisp01?"
I, now, don't feel a bit sorry for her. I did last night. But, after sleeping on it, I cannot. We're all dying. The day we are born and take our first breath, we are dying. Some folks take longer than others. It's no excuse to shit on other people. It's abhorable. I will NOT be a part of someone's angry rants that may affect others for the rest of their lives. Me, not so much. I give a shit. Though, the mystery is a bit titillating. Other than that, I'm only in it for the mystery. Not for her comments. She's a pussy.
Nighty night.
xoxo
anna

No comments: