Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hello, lover...


Here's a pic from Komen's Grace Notes Gala that Kevin and I helped with again this year. I'm not certain how much money was raised. But, I know it must have been quite a lot. The items up for bid at the actual auction were amazing ... not to mention the silent auction that went on before AND after the "show." I, personally, donated a color and cut at the salon. I hunted it down on the silent auction tables (which went on forever) and the minimum allowed bid was $400.00. That's pretty telling. So, I imagine that Komen raised a whole hell of a lot. Last year we raised, nearly, a million dollars. But, with the recession and et al, who knows what the amount was this go-round. I cannot IMAGINE being someone that spends my weekends going to these amazing galas. It's astounding how "the other half" live.
Silas is hopefully over this bug that he acquired 2 days ago. Fever, fever, fever. But, he seems quite well today. He's eating better and seems like he's on the mend. So, off (back) to daycare he'll go tomorrow.
As I'm typing this, Kevin said that he thinks he needs to go to the doctor. Um ... KEVIN IS ABSOLUTELY AVERSE TO DOCTORS. So, I asked him why. He has a large lump near his groin ... noticed it today. I, instinctually, went "it must be a hernia." But, he doesn't think so. So, I'm gonna make sure he makes it in the doctor to check on this "lump." I HATE lumps. Sends me back to a dark time. Great.
I just know that his will be the yard gnome that I blame on all my scares with lumps and bumps that lead to scans. Ah ... the inscanity!
xoxo
Anna
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope he's okay!! Missing you, lovely! Perhaps I'll pop by the salon to give you a hug sometime soon.