Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's been a while...

Happy Tuesday, dear readers.
We had a great evening out on the town with Joseph and Mark. Joseph is my boss-man and Mark is his gorgeous partner.
We had a wonderful dinner at Green Leaf. It's an amazing Vietnamese restaurant in the International District. The food is amazing, the prices are amazing, and the staff is unbelievably congenial. I mean, they were so, so sweet. Nice to see people enjoying their jobs and their customers. It, actually, reminds me of our salon. We happen to have a pretty tight staff that loves what they do and are like a family. So, it was cool to see that in a restaurant.
I have, of course, ended up with some phantom infection in my reconstructed breast. If you're an "avid" reader of this blog, you'll remember that I had one in my arm in September. So, it's about the same deal, except it's in a much more volatile area. My plastic surgeon was very concerned and has me on a CRAZY regiment of antibiotics. A: I don't want to get thrush again ... and I can already tell I'm getting those tell tale signs in my mouth. B: We're waiting to see if the strong antibiotics will cause my hair to fall out, YET AGAIN! Man, oh man, give a girl a break, I say.
Oh well. We saved the Foob. It's lookin' darned good now. If I have to lose my hair and get the thrush ... so be it.
The Fates are gonna deal with my wrath sooner than later, at this point!
Kevin just launched the website for his new record label, Tsurumirecords.com. He and our dear friend Jeff (the, actual, President) have done such an amazing job with this record label. Three bands are signed. All of them are amazing. They will do a small tour later in the spring. So, I'll keep everyone posted.
Kevin and I are volunteering again this year for the Grace Notes Gala, put on my Susan G. Komen. We'll be like the blond chicks on The Price is Right. Except, we hope that people bid tons and tons of money. We helped raise, nearly, a million dollars last year. Hoping the recession doesn't scare off the bidders.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: