Friday, March 6, 2009

My Charleston Girls!






We had a busy day today. Silas and I took Tootsie to the Magnusen dog park today. Had a ball watching Silas and Toots run around like maniacs. We took her out to the end of the park where there is water access. She's still really leery of water ... especially, after I threw a stick and she ran into the water after it ... not remembering that she's not a fan a water right now. In any case, we had lots of fun out there watching her play with all the big dogs.
Tonight was a lovely night. We spent the evening with 2 of my girlfriends from Charleston. Malia is here on business and is staying with our pal Claire who has recently moved back up here from San Francisco. Claire is 6 months pregnant and looks gorgeous. She and Jeremy are sure to have an adorable baby ... it's a girl, by the way! I'm pretty certain that they have chosen Dorcas for her name. What saints.
Silas had lots of fun seeing Claire and Jeremy again AND meeting Malia for the first time. He, basically, wrote us off for the night in order to hang with Jeremy and Malia while Claire prepared dinner. Many laughs and lots of good food and wine were had.
So good to spend such a great time with old friends. It's amazing how these women don't age. They are the same beautiful girls that I've know for years ... even though we've all been thousands of miles away from one another. We settled right back into what we had before: comfort, laughter, and many hugs. So glad to spend my night with my girls!

No comments: