Monday, September 21, 2009

Birthday Weekend...

And what a great weekend it was.
I worked on my birthday. But, I don't consider it "work" as I was staying with Xander on Friday night as his parents had their first night out on the town after making their way back from Russia. The boys and I played, ate too much junk, and watched movies. Then, off to bed. It was, actually, a very nice birthday night for me, as I got to spend it with two amazing gentlemen (while Kevin worked) and got a chance to spend some alone time reading after they hit the hay.
Sunday was spent celebrating breast cancer survivors on a beautiful Holland America Cruise ship. They throw an amazing party to honor survivors every year. This year is the first that I've been able to make it. I cannot tell you how amazing it was. I was there with my soul-mates. We were served such amazing food and drink. The staff was so gracious. We were allowed to do a "self-tour" of the ship. Thank goodness we were on good behavior.
I've never been on a cruise ship. So, it was great to, actually, see the "nuts and bolts" of the ship. What an amazing cruise line.
I followed this by meeting up with Kevin and Silas. They were already at Safeco Field enjoying the Mariners' game. Mariners' were playing the Yankees.
We had a ball. Thank you, Lonnie, for the tickets, shirts, and love. So great to finally chat with you, Mr. Jason Churchill. Jenny, quit being so sweet and taking my son to the Mariner Moose and filling him full of fish-n-chips.
And ... the Mariners kicked the lower intestines out of the Yankees.
A good, good Sunday.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: