Monday, September 7, 2009

Gonna be a busy week....






Seattle hosts the 2009 Breast Cancer 3-Day walk this weekend. If you're not familiar with "The 3-day", it's a 3 day (and 60 mile) walk that raises money and awareness for the the breast cancer cause. I was fortunate enough to do it in 2007. I say "fortunate", as it was a wonderful experience that cemented several life-long friendships for me. It was, as my husband says, "the greatest thing I'll NEVER do again." Actually, I had raised the funds to do it last year. However, I ended up with some sort of mystery disease in my arm. So, my oncologist put the kibosh on that.
This year, my life has been a whirlwind. I've decided to help raise money for a family member that was diagnosed with BC and who has no insurance. So, I backed out of the walk and have focussed on her and my Mama's own diagnosis.
However, I've got several girlfriends that are still doing it ... crazy tramps.
I'll be meeting up with some of my cancer club girlfriends tomorrow to raise a glass in honor of their hard work and continued insanity. After seeing peoples' toenails fall off after the 2007 walk, it's amazing that we're still throwing our hats into such causes. But, we believe in them. And, we'll continue to do so. I'll see what life has thrown at me next year. Don't know if I'll do the walk again or not.
But, to those that will be partaking in the the Seattle 3-Day this weekend "We Salute You."
On a much more solemn note, I'd like to ask that your love, prayers, vibes, chants, hearts go out to the families and friends of 2 beloved YSC ladies. Lisa Prisco passed earlier this week and Danelle Dye passed away yesterday. Having to read the obituaries of these young women is heart wrenching, at best. The world has lost so many beautiful, funny, and kind young women to this horrific disease. I believe that their spirits are with us all. However, that doesn't make the loss any easier for those left behind. Godspeed, dear girls.
xoxo
anna

No comments: