Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hawaii, here we cometh...


Welp ... it's about time.
Silas and I have never left the continental US ... save for my honeymoon in Victoria. But, I don't really consider that leaving the country, as most folks I know spend more time in BC than they do with their own grandparents. My little guy and I have been working pretty damned hard getting our world back in order after our move.
So, when Don mentioned that he has access to a time share in Hawaii, my ears pricked. He's not used it, as he didn't really have anyone with which to share the time. But, he would like to. Well, I can assure you, the three of us have a BALL together. We're all very independent ... including Mr. Mosey. I think most people think that Don and I are married when we're all out together. Just fine by me. He's a true gent ... though, my cousin. It's fitting for our southern roots. Game on, bitches!
So, sometime in June, we're gonna hop our happy asses onto a plane and find ourselves in beautiful Hawaii.
It's so surreal to me that I've never seen this beautiful place, considering that most everyone I know up here goes so regularly. Most members of my family have been there. I'm a water-baby. From the day I was born, I was living or vacationing near the ocean. Cannot get enough of it.
I cannot wait to see Silas playing in the waves for the first time in his life. I cannot wait to see if I can go topless, considering I have no nipples. I don't think I can get arrested for that.
I cannot wait to watch some amazing sun rises and some gorgeous sunsets. It'll be a great experience for all three of us. All of us could use a nice tropical vacation AND A BREAK!
Ahhhhhhhhhh, Hawaii. I'm gonna scrounge up the money to meet you. It's time. Way overdue.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: