Sunday, April 18, 2010

night of investigating heritage...


Man oh man ... just looking at this description of the traits of the Cherokee Indian make sense to me. Why I look the way I do. AND ... they make me want to slap myself for ever doubting that I was of Native American decent. Not that I EVER had a bad taste in my mouth about it. But, I get so tired of so many people saying "Oh yeah, I'm part Cherokee." It just rubs me the wrong way. As if everyone who says it wears it as a calling card or something. I've been happy to own it for years ... but reticent, on some level. But, after doing some research it's pretty clear that the "tooth" ... ah yes ... the tooth that has always caused me grief is a "shovel tooth." Good to know. Silas, actually, has the toe under another toe deal going on ... as does my sister. And, I need not get into how many people think that I'm Asian. Half of them are Asian themselves.
So .............. It appears to be the case. If family lore holds true, it would make me 1/16 ... or thereabouts.
The following is the article I found online. Fits me to a "T."

"High cheekbones where glasses set high on the face and get all smeary on the bottom of the lens. Almond shaped almost oriental looking eyes? Lazy eyes in children. Heavy "fat" eyelids where the eyelid appears to have an extra fold. A melanin (pigmentation) in the back of the eye on the retina peculiar to Native Americans.

"Shovel" teeth, the teeth have a ledge on the backside. Run your tongue across them, they feel almost like a shovel shape. Large front teeth with a slight or more than slight gap. Lack of the Carrabelli cusp on the maxillary first molars, which is missing in Native Americans.

Large heavy earlobes. Crooked fingers particularly the little finger or pinky. An inverted breastbone. Often called a Chicken Breast. The bone actually makes an indentation in the chest.

Little toes that lie under the next one. A second toe longer than the big toe. A wider space between the big toe and second one. An extra ridge of bone along the outside of the foot."

Damn these feet. Now I know from where they came!
xoxo
Anna

No comments: