Friday, April 16, 2010

The YSC continues to make its mark ...


I have a routine in the morning: check e-mail, check facebook, check perezhilton.com (yes, I do), and check CNN online. So, imagine me doing the same sort of nonsense this morning and about 30 minutes into the same ol' routine I end up on CNN.com. Now, I read most of the stories. I watch many of the videos. AND, I always check the "Health" topic below all of the latest news briefs. I noticed a story about cancer survivors connecting and clicked on it. Low and behold UP POPPED A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE of Courtney, one of the ladies of the YSC that heads up the Atlanta affiliate. It was so shocking to see her there on CNN. The article is great. I was really pleased to also see that the University of Washington is doing a kick-ass job facilitating the connecting of cancer survivors for support and answers.
The link follows. Thanks Courtney for continuing to put the word out, Mama!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/04/16/social.network.cancer/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Courtney is a fine example of how many young cancer survivors fight ... day and night ... in hopes that one day we will all see this disease as extinct.
Fight on, fellow warriors.
I'm so very proud of you.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: